- Unlike traditional home care, which requires you to be "homebound" to receive services, patients receiving hospice care are encouraged to stay as active as possible.
- Patients and their families have more involvement and greater control in decisions relating to their plan of care.
- Nurses are available to answer questions for caregivers and family members any time of day and to make visits as appropriate.
- Professional and caring support to help patients and family members cope with the stress.
Hospice is a benefit you may be entitled to through Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance. This benefit entitles you to payment for:
- All visits made by members of Hospice of the Valley's interdisciplinary team.
- Visits to your doctor or specialist which are related to your terminal diagnosis.
- All medications related to the terminal illness diagnosis.
- All durable medical equipment that is needed such as hospital beds, oxygen, etc.
- Special therapies that are requested by your physician as part of your plan of care.
In Mahoning County
5190 Market Street
Youngstown, Ohio 44512
In Columbiana County
2388 -B Southeast Blvd.
Salem, Ohio 44460
In Trumbull County
5000 East Market Street
Warren, Ohio 44484
The Hospice House
9803 Sharrott Road
Poland, Ohio 44514
In Lawrence County
225 Villa Marie Road
Villa Maria, PA 16155