- Unlike traditional home care, which requires you to be "homebound" to receive services, patients receiving hospice care are encouraged to stay as active as possible.
- Patients and their families have more involvement and greater control in decisions relating to their plan of care.
- Nurses are available to answer questions for caregivers and family members any time of day and to make visits as appropriate.
- Professional and caring support to help patients and family members cope with the stress.
Hospice is a benefit you may be entitled to through Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance. This benefit entitles you to payment for:
- All visits made by members of Hospice of the Valley's interdisciplinary team.
- Visits to your doctor or specialist which are related to your terminal diagnosis.
- All medications related to the terminal illness diagnosis.
- All durable medical equipment that is needed such as hospital beds, oxygen, etc.
- Special therapies that are requested by your physician as part of your plan of care.
In Mahoning County
5190 Market Street
Youngstown, Ohio 44512
In Columbiana County
2388 -B Southeast Blvd.
Salem, Ohio 44460
In Trumbull County
5000 East Market Street
Warren, Ohio 44484
The Hospice House
9803 Sharrott Road
Poland, Ohio 44514